Wednesday 3 April 2013

Stung By The Bee

This is the year for working that Bucket List of mine!

The items on my list seems to be mostly ones of Nostalgia, and this one is no different - fond memories of having sewn a few pieces of clothing for myself as a young girl.

I recall an olive green wrap skirt and a blue, African print dress. As poorly made and ill fitting as they were, I wore them proudly.

The desire to do it again has been lingering for a couple of years now and I even went as far as to buy this lovely book.





























Now, thanks to BBC 2's highly anticipated (at least in the crafting community) The Great British Sewing Bee, I am ready to get started.

Last night's episode addressed the one thing that has been holding me back: the dreaded 'pattern'.
The show reassured me that they aren't all that scary and inspired me to fish my book out.
And I know, I know... I sew bags and purses so patterns should not seem all that intimidating but I rarely use them in my bag making.

But I am ready now. I have the space, most of the tools, a guru - Mini G - a funky, cool, talented lady (discovered on Pinterest) to guide me and most importantly, the ambition.

Watch this sewing space!!

6 comments:

  1. I cant wait!...I love my sewing friends and all of their creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love seeing your work on Facebook! I am excited and nervous about my first make...thinking a dress or t-shirt!

      Delete
  2. Ooo good luck Stacey...I may follow suit! It was good wasn't it...I'm hooked already! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved every minute of it. I have it recorded so going to watch it again. Looking forward to next Tuesday's! Saw that they are going to make trousers! Yikes!

      Delete
  3. going to get my sewing machine out this weekend!!!! scared as it has been 3 1/2 years since i last used it!!! Patterns! looking at them makes me hear the sound from psycho!!!! good luck to you girl!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like riding a bike Stenya. I thought you sewed more often than that though! Good luck to us both with patterns...those paper monsters!

      Delete